Kiltel's control systems have been sold since 1991, and are in use throughout the US and Canada on hundreds of kilns in plants making refractories, tile, whiteware, electronics, armor and brick, as well as in steelmaking and other industries.
Important benefits of Kiltel's supervisory process control (SCADA) system:
- Provides full firing-curve development and recipe management, for multiple kilns.
- Gathers and stores a continuous process database of temperatures, pressures, concentrations, flows, humidity, motor status, etc.
- Allows standard procedures to be repeated precisely and exactly by any operator, with a complete record of all process activities.
- Improves operator effectiveness; allows one operator to monitor many kilns at once.
- Supports ISO and SPC; can recover the exact firing history of any car/batch/load from any kiln.
- Has the widest set of kiln-specific features including flashing, events, automatic firing curve adjustment for changes in ware or throughput.
- Works with any type of kiln or furnace (tunnel, roller-hearth, pusher-plate, shuttle, bell, elevator, controlled-atmosphere, annealing, etc.), gas, electric, sawdust or coal-fired, continuous and periodic, from any manufacturer (Allied, Astro, Bickley, Lindberg, Eisenmann, Harrop, Harper, Swindell, Firepower, Deltech, Lingl, etc.) and is highly cost-effective since one system can control up to 24 kilns and dryers.
- Includes complete pulsed combustion control for any number of burners and zones; pulsed cooldown is provided for periodic kilns.
- Includes makeline control of clay extrusion water content for brick plants.
- Is installed easily and quickly on running kilns, using existing instrumentation, with no down-time or process interruptions.
- Is provided on a fixed-price turnkey basis, installed complete in your plant, with operator training and ongoing support from engineers who know your processes.